We decided to pour the concrete over the main subfloor before framing the house. This was done so the concrete contractor could power trowel and burnish the floor without any walls or corners in the way as this will be the finish floor for the house, other than a couple areas where the floor will have tile.
Once again, I snapped the chalk lines on the green concrete to make saw cuts, right as I finished it started raining lightly, but luckily, the storm only brushed by and didn’t wash off the chalk before I returned with the concrete saw.
I made a mistake in my hurry to get the lines snapped, rent the saw and get back to do the work, so I have a line that is not square, and am very disappointed in myself. Once you start cutting concrete, you can’t really just change your mind and fix it.
Now I have to figure out how to protect the floors from the framers and all the other trades. I can’t seal it for at least a week or so. I’m going to try covering it with some large rolls of thick vinyl wallpaper I bought at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. There will be more on that later in the blog. http://www.habitat.org/restores
Framing the rest of the house resumes on Monday.