Well, we loaded all that foam on to the roof to put the exterior insulation on the roof. L and I put down 3.5″ of insulation, it went pretty fast, and fairly easy. The next step was to put down a water barrier for a few days as there was a possibility for rain, and this type insulation should not get wet. In the mean time the last 1.5″ of insulaiton was stacked in bunks on the roof.
We started putting on the water barrier….then the wind came. It’s like having an out of control sailboat on a roof. We called it a day weighted down the bunks of 1.5 insulation and left.
Enter the next morning where we arrived at 7:00 a.m. while the wind was calm, to find the carnage of 1 bunk of insulation off the roof, and in the neighbors yard, some of it impaled! We got the water barrier on without any trouble, and all was well…then the wind came…again!!!!
When I came back from grabbing a sandwich for lunch, some of the water barrier was ripped off the roof, so I climbed on the roof to find even more torn off by 30-40 MPH gusts.
I threw up my arms, and pulled all the water barrier off after only putting it on hours before. Had I not, the wind would have done the job for me, and stacked it neatly in the neighbors yards, again.